St.Pete boat show.....You goin?

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Like to attend for the first time and crusiers bash any recomendations

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
with no replies from folks here i am wondering if it is worth the trip to see the show?

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
with no replies from folks here i am wondering if it is worth the trip to see the show?
I've never been to the St. Pete show. So I can't say one way or the other. But I always love looking at boats so if it's close enough for you and the entrance fee isn't too much, by all means go. Then report back here what you find.

dj

jfgy

Jun 8, 2004
Sabre 30 mk III Gainesville, FL
Greetings. I've been to most of the St Pete Boat Shows over the past 20+ years - an easy drive from my home in Gainesville. In recent years the show has gotten much more powerboat emphasis, although I consider it still worth going for a number of reasons. I especially like to visit the vendors that cover a lot of sailing-relevant topics. Usually they also have some very good seminars including some this year several cruising topics. It is usually a nice sunny day in a beautiful location. Worth doing in my view.
Jess

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Not much there for sailboats
Beautiful location nice day thats about it

jfgy

Jun 8, 2004
Sabre 30 mk III Gainesville, FL
I couldn't attend this year. Too bad it was lacking. How were the seminars?
At one time it was a good show.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
If you were looking for a rocket ship with four 500hp engines on the back and a bank full of cash you probably thought the show was worth attendance
Me not so much
Nice to escape the cold weather,thats about it!