squeegee topsides

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
One morning around 2:00 AM dock neighbor and I - after a few adult
beverages - came up with fantastic idea
after washing boat/topsides to use long handled squeegee to wipe water
off topsides as opposed to laying on dock with chammy (sp?) wiping
Any clear headed ideas other then where to store same? Wipe at all?
Annual cleaning, polishing, waxing get rid of water spots? Salt/fresh
water difference?

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEANTOO
San Jose, CA

Feb 3, 2012
Corbin 39 Pilothouse Cutter Lyme, CT
...? Water spots..? Man - feel lucky you have fresh water to rinse the boat. Save your energy for sailing as life is short!

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Following the polish and wax job I did this past December I now am very diligent and just hose the boat off really well with fresh water after each trip...3-4 times per week.

No wipe down. No squeegee. My hull keeps much cleaner this way. The top sides still needs polishing...so it hopefully will look better eventually.

Cheers,
Jim

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
...? Water spots..? Man - feel lucky you have fresh water to rinse the boat. Save your energy for sailing as life is short!
Am 85 and have more then a passing interest in your great comment. Water spots
- tongue in cheek - should have said "general crud."

Have marina not far from San Jose near power plant - Moss Landing. Plant pays each slip a monthly
fee for general cleaning and an annual (think $ 300.00 ) check for all over cleaning.
Interesting point prevailing wind from sea across marina to power plant and beyond
so any smoke from stacks mostly down wind.

Firm believer in your wise statement. Thanks for response.

Feb 3, 2012
Corbin 39 Pilothouse Cutter Lyme, CT
Am 85 and have more then a passing interest in your great comment. Water spots - tongue in cheek - should have said "general crud." Have marina not far from San Jose near power plant - Moss Landing. Plant pays each slip a monthly fee for general cleaning and an annual (think $ 300.00 ) check for all over cleaning. Interesting point prevailing wind from sea across marina to power plant and beyond so any smoke from stacks mostly down wind. Firm believer in your wise statement. Thanks for response.
Well understood - the best part ... If my Admiral heard what I said she'd say "and what about all your Brightwork, paintwork, and continuous winter projects?" As with you, that's what I enjoy - taking care of the other girl too. It's all part of it but I have learned when enough is enough - and it's time to sail. Enjoy :)