spreader tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2007
Catalina 22 Madisonville La.
is the side stay cable supposed to touch the spreader tube or am i missing some kind of tip? not a cover, right now its wire against tube. thanks for any insight john

May 14, 2007
Catalina 22 Madisonville La.
is the side stay cable supposed to touch the spreader tube or am i missing some kind of tip? not a cover, right now its wire against tube. thanks for any insight john

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Hi

The end of the spreader should have a slot in it where the SS upper shroud is set I believe. Mine does. But you should have spreader boots to prevent sail chafe on the end of the spreader. You can buy them at catalina direct or other places such as West Marine or also this forum's chandlery.

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Hi

The end of the spreader should have a slot in it where the SS upper shroud is set I believe. Mine does. But you should have spreader boots to prevent sail chafe on the end of the spreader. You can buy them at catalina direct or other places such as West Marine or also this forum's chandlery.

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
One other answer

Hi John, I guess that I should try to answer the question a bit better. The upper shroud on mine fits into a slot on the outside end of the spreader tube. This prevents the SS cable from slipping out sideways. There is nothing between the two metals, the aluminum tube and the stainless steel cable. I don't think that chafe is an issue there. The spreader ends and the upper shroud ends are covered with a boot to prevent the tube from chafing or ripping the sail.

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
One other answer

Hi John, I guess that I should try to answer the question a bit better. The upper shroud on mine fits into a slot on the outside end of the spreader tube. This prevents the SS cable from slipping out sideways. There is nothing between the two metals, the aluminum tube and the stainless steel cable. I don't think that chafe is an issue there. The spreader ends and the upper shroud ends are covered with a boot to prevent the tube from chafing or ripping the sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.