Spectra install on a Hunter 410

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
Any 410 owners here who have installed a Spectra Watermaker. If so where did you mount it and how much noise annoyance is it?

Thanks

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
In case you have not seen the Cruisers Forum thread on water maker noise and locations and the Sail Magazine article entitled "Watermakers for Long Term Cruising" interesting, links posted below. Please let us know where you installed it and how the noise is.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Wow......so you are "sailorboy1"............with over 16,000 posts?

Jan 12, 2011
Any 410 owners here who have installed a Spectra Watermaker. If so where did you mount it and how much noise annoyance is it?

Thanks
I am going to bump this as I doubt I am going down an unknown path for a 20 year boat model.

Jan 12, 2011
well I guess I will answer my thread

Took the pump, carbon filter, and valve assembly off the metal bracket it comes on.
- installed the feed/boost pump under the aft berth on the grid behind the muffler
- build a shelf in the aft shower and installed the Clark pump/memtance assembly there
- mounted the prefilter, gage board, accumulator etc on a board and mounted above the clark pump in the aft shower
- mounded the carbon filter above the aft shower facet tapping into the supply line for it
- ran the brine to the aft shower sump pump overboard line and connected it there getting rid of the sump pump as unneeded for my boat anyway,
- ran the product line to the potable water tank valves and built a manifold for selecting each tank

Had I gotten a modular AC type of system I guess would have basically used the same locations and the membrane would have gotten mounted on the wall of the aft shower

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
well I guess I will answer my thread

Took the pump, carbon filter, and valve assembly off the metal bracket it comes on.
- installed the feed/boost pump under the aft berth on the grid behind the muffler
- build a shelf in the aft shower and installed the Clark pump/memtance assembly there
- mounted the prefilter, gage board, accumulator etc on a board and mounted above the clark pump in the aft shower
- mounded the carbon filter above the aft shower facet tapping into the supply line for it
- ran the brine to the aft shower sump pump overboard line and connected it there getting rid of the sump pump as unneeded for my boat anyway,
- ran the product line to the potable water tank valves and built a manifold for selecting each tank

Had I gotten a modular AC type of system I guess would have basically used the same locations and the membrane would have gotten mounted on the wall of the aft shower
That's an impressive job! As only vacation cruisers, our water capacity has always been adequate, but for a full time cruiser that would be an awesome set up. Would you be able to share any pics on here?

Aug 11, 2020
Hunter 41 San Diego
Hi Don,
I'm considering purchasing a Hunter 410 and want to be sure there's room for a watermaker. Did you choose to use the shower for ease installation and maintenance or for lack of space elsewhere? How are you replenishing your house batteries after running the watermaker? Solar, high output engine alternator?

Jan 12, 2011
For ease of location as we never used the aft shower for anything other than storage as it was

Energy comes from solar, honda, alternator. Whatever is needed based on conditions.