Specs for running rigging - 1984 Catalina 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Four Hand Reel

I'm in the process of purchasing a 1984 Catalina 30, standard rig. One thing she'll need right away is new halyards and sheets (is it possible the existing ones are original?). Is there a resource online, or can anyone tell me what lengths of lines I'll need for the halyards? They run back to the cockpit. Sheets? Main and jib? I could run down to the boatyard with a measuring tape and figure out the sheets from the existing ones, but the halyards are another story. To be honest, at present I'm not even sure if the halyards are all rope or rope/wire - I knew they needed replacement when I first saw them and didn't really look beyond that when inspecting the boat. I understand from looking around the archive here that Catalina switched from rope/wire to all rope sometime in the mid 80's. Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C30 Association website for manuals

www.catalina30.com

M

Mark V. Crounse

original manual with the lenths in it 85 C30 std rig

Can scan
& send you email
V

D

Dave Groshong - SailboatOwners.com

We offer OEM spec'd running rigging here

http://shop.catalinaowners.com/category.htm?fno=20&cat=1601

F

Four Hand Reel

Scan of manual

Thanks. A scan would be great. Does yours have wire/rope or just rope?

J

Jay

running rigging

I own a 1984 C-30 std. rig. Replaced main halyard last year- all rope, no wire.
Length was 108" per manual, I measured it and came up with same length before purchase.
Per manual jib halyard is 112' for std rig; jib sheet 70' (total length if used one piece); main sheet 72'
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.