SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JIM

Iam looking to install speakers in the cockpit area. I was wondering if any one has heard of problem with the speakers affecting the auto helm. Jim Lynch City Island ny

C

Chris McLoughlin

Jim, I have a pair. . .

of speakers mounted in the cockpit of my Hunter Legend 37.5. As far as I can tell, they have no effect on my autohelm ST4000 auto pilot, or any other gear for that matter. BTW I boated out of City Island (North Minneford Yacht Club) for years. where are you on the island? Chris s/v Tidesong

J

JIM

Thanks Chris I have the same autohelm. I'm out of the City Island yacht club. Just bought the boat this year a c&c 27'

C

Chuck Wayne

cockpit speakers

my 356 has the speakers in the arch, and no impact on the ap-my old 29.5 had them on the pedastal, also no problem- the 2 caveats are keep them away from the fluxgate compass, and if possible use magnetically shielded speakers

A

Al

cockpit speakers

Our H260 has cockpit speakers mounted on the front sides of the helm seat. Our WP10 autopilot which is 3-4 feet away works great!

E

Ed Fluss

Arch speakers

Im about to take delivery of a 2002 326 and was wondering where your speakers are in the arch. This seems like a great place for speakers and possibly a mute switch. Are the arch speakers from Hunter? thanks, Ed H280 Bashert, NYC

S

Steve

Arch Speakers

The speakers & a light are mounted in a pod supplied by Hunter. Mine is a plastic model, but I understand a stainless steel one is available now that is a little thinner. Mounting the unit is easy, but drilling the hole in the arch is a bit rough on bits. Running the wiring is easy if you can get a tracer through the arch down to the hull. The port-aft mount has a pre-drilled hole in the hull for wiring. At least this was the case on my 320. Check with your dealer or with Hunter parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.