Speaker location

May 16, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 IL
Where do you have your speakers located? How do you like that position? Yes, its not hard core racing but much more enjoyable on those long beats when nothing much is happening.

Jul 2, 2013
I picked that location next to the traveler since it was less likely that somebody would pick that spot to sit. I'm very happy with placement and the sound of the speakers (hopefully the cones hold if I flood the cockpit). The boat makes a great speaker box as well, the bass is impressive with just those two JBL MS6200 speakers. I ordered a car stereo which came with 2 sony speakers that I installed inside the cabin. In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered though. The JBL's sound much better, and you can hear them well enough inside with the hatchboard out. I know I compromised the integrity of the boat by putting those two holes in there, but it's mine and I'll cut whatever and wherever I want...

I highly recommend these speakers though. They sound great for little $$.
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-MS6200-6-5-In ... e+speakers

I just checked the amazon link and saw in the comments that someone mounted them in a cooler or other type of box. Pretty clever idea if you want to avoid the holes. You could probably make a quick connect for it as well.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack

Bookshelf speakers installed on the bulkheads where the chainplates are.
I had to install a 40 watt booster though as the stereo didn't have enough grunt to get over the sail luffing noise (in 25 knot winds)... heheheh... now everyone can here my Knightrider theme song, and of course the Jeffersons! hehehe... My stereo has a flash card no CD drive... works great. Also am using an XM portable for the boat, and works great.

The bookshelf speakers are decent sounding, and were $19 for the pair (buy.com). No bass but of course that's to be expected.