Source for Roller Furling Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Larson

While visiting Lake Pend Oreille in northern Idaho, we notice many sailboats with some nifty roller furling covers. These covers were like a giant sock that was pulled up over the sail with the jib halyard. It was made out of the same type of material as the mainsail cover. Any ideas who makes these things? I know they are commercially made, as there was a tag on some of them, but I forgot to write down the information. Thanks, Jim

H

Hayden Watson

Yager sails and canvas

Those socks you saw are made by Yager Sails and Canvas out of Spokane, WA They are called the Gen Sleeve and you can see what they look like on their web site at www.yagersails.com. The address is 9209 E. Mission #B Spokane, WA 99206 ph. # 509-928-1964 Fax. # 509-928-2985 E-mail dry54@aol.com P.S. This is not a spam. I have never bought any of their products but have seen them at my yacht club and got the info from their add in 48 deg. north. Hayden Watson 1988 C30 tr/bs Papillon Spokane, WAWeb site www.yagersails.com

R

Rodney Kidd

Slap Slap

Jim, If you thought the slapping under the transom was annoying, wait 'til you hear the canvas roller furler cover fluttering and flapping in the breeze. You'll pray for the transom slap! A boat several berths away from me has one and even though it is some distance away, the noise is annoying. Rodney Kidd C-38 #297, Flying Bear SF Bay

S

SEAN

Roller Furler Cover

Contact the sailwarehouse.com. It's listed in their catalog. Sean

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Sailrite, too

Sailrite has them in their catalog also. Catalina Direct has them fitted for Catalinas, if you've got one. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Status
Not open for further replies.