Sopty Transom

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John J.

For those of with the 310 it appears the soot is just part of the beauty of the boat. The diesel mechanic was out this week and checked everything Gordon suggested. The good news is the engine is in excellent condition and well tuned. The bad news is the manner in which the exhaust exits in combination with the reverse transom means the residue is here to stay. Keep plenty of cleaner/wax on hand. I have been using Starbright Teflon with a wash cloth and it comes right off. The loss of rpm's and speed seem to have to do with slippage on the throtle cable. (I'm sure my trusty dealer will get right on this) Do any of the other 310 owners know the proper prop size and pitch. I can't find it anywhere in my owner materials. Hope this helps. John

J

Jon W

Soot & Prop Size

I'm still relieved that some soot on the transom appears to not be unusual or a serious problem. At least it doesn't blow visible smoke! The prop that came with my C310 was a 15 X 10 two blade. I don't know how it performed since I replaced it during commissioning. Maybe Kurt of Barnegat Bay would have more information on the standard prop if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.