Soooo

• Thread starter Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

now that the sailing season is over or almost over for many us What do Beneteau owners do in the off season. Is is winter projects, armchair sailing or heading off to warmer climates for the real thing? Or live vicariously though this site :) Charlie

Jun 3, 2004
- - Windsor, Ont. Canada
"I Gotta Go Where It's Warm" !!

Charlie : A good question... Winpipe is pulled out each year during the week prior to the Annapolis show & that's when our "off season" begins... Oct - Annapolis show (with the Airstream) Nov - Cancun (for 2 wks - at our timeshare) Dec - Florida Keys (3wks with the Airstream) March - BVI (with Moorings for 2 wks) Only 9 more winters until retirement (& the boat goes South) but for the present, we do everything we can to stay out of the deep freeze !! Paul, S/V Winpipe. www.winpipe.ca

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

I'm jealous

Paul, I jealous!!!!!! Angels' Grace was shrink wrapped last week and this weekend I will clear everything out. The closest I am getting to warm weather is a week in Stuart FL for a class in Damage Surveying at the Chapman School. So I guess at least I will be living vicariously through you. Enjoy

Jan 18, 2004
Beneteau 321 Houston
I Love Galveston Bay!

There are a few drawbacks to the Texas coast but an "off season" and lack of a breeze are among them. Don't know anything about "winterizing" Thank goodness!

Jun 3, 2004
- - Windsor, Ont. Canada
Follow the Sun, BEFORE your done !!!

Charlie : I can relate to your thoughts, as "I" feel that way about friends of ours that are out cruising right now !!! We're seeing them in Marathon in Dec, before they cross over to the Bahamas for a few monthes. It's funny how these days whenever we hear of a tragedy (someone our age dies, etc) the wife & I "always" look at each other & say "that's why we HAVE to go sailing" !! 9 more winters to endure & then it's our turn to go !!! Just like the Jim Morris song says... I sold the house and I'm taking out All the money that I've saved Gonna buy that cruisin' boat And set out on the waves Gonna chase some lazy dreams And live like a millionaire Wherever the wind blows and the sun comes up You can find me there... We won't be selling the house, but we will be living the good life...it's all in the planning. Cheers, Paul. www.winpipe.ca

Jun 4, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 461 Raby Bay Queenland Australia
Sunny Queensland

Move down under, we have sailing all year round in sub-tropical Brisbane Australia. Winter days are blue sky's and around 24C and summer 30-34C the water is a beautiful 26C at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.