Some Beneteau questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie Manning

Wow...I love my new (to me) First 345. Sailed through another boat's lee on my first day out. But I have a few questions...Does anybody have a wiring schematic for a 345? In fact, does anybody have a copy of an owners manual? I am familiar with relay controled 12 V system, but, where are the fuses????? I am puzzled by this. Is the electric panel of all Beneteaus in disarray or just mine. I have rewired the panel to move all the ground wires to their own ground bar and repaired the terminal strips on the PCB but I'll be darned if I saw the first fuse! Secondly, I would like to refinish the cabin sole and I would appreciate any information from those people who have had this experience. I am particularly interested in their choice of finish to obtain the soft satin in the original. Thank you in advance

B

Brian Pickton@BeneteauOwners.net

Refinishing floors

Nov.1,2000 Dear Charlie, On the wiring schematic, I'm afraid electrical is not an area where I have a great deal of familiarity. I got one made up after rewiring the boat. The best I can suggest is contacting a dealer because I have not found a schematic online and don't have enough familiarity with your boat to give further advise with respect to fuses. Our boat relies on the breakers on the electrical panel for most purposes apart from the fuses contained in the various electronic devices like the radar. On the other hand, when it comes to refinishing floors I feel like an expert. First and foremost do not refinish your floors with varnish, which is a soft low tech finish intended to be used to prevent weathering of surfaces which don't get a lot of friction wear, e.g.: bulkheads, wooden masts and booms. Do use a one part linear polyureathane, or even a two part polyurethane if your up to the mixing challenge. You can get any degree of "brightness" you want ( the industry uses various prismatic numbers to describe this.) I prefer to use a product called "HARCO" which is a one part linear polyurethane used on bowling allies. Let me tell you, this stuff can take a beating, and I got it in a satin finish. Furthermore, it's nonpeeling and doesn't chip when the floors take a ding. After light sanding I apply it with a foam roller and then tip it off with a brush to eliminate bubbles. Four coats for the base and every couple of years a touch up coat has done the trick. If you can't find Harco (I got it at a large hardware - building supply center) you can always call your local bowling alley and find out what they use. Good luck on the refinishing. Brian Pickton@BeneteauOwners.net Aboard The Legend. Rodney Bay, St.Lucia, West Indies

J

Jeff Taylor

Use a Mohair Roller cover

By using a Mohair roller you will not get the air bubbles that you get with a foam roller. I used four coats of Spar Clear urethane. As for wiring, go to www.Beneteauowners.com and register your boat, you can then access the other owners and e-mail them directly for a copy of their owners manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.