Sole reincarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2006
- - Bennettsville, SC
Any suggestions as to the best way to refresh the sole on a 22 year old Seidelmann?

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
Seidelman

I just replaced the sole on a S2 8.5 I installed a parquet floor in it, and it looks pretty good. Was no way to refinish mine as the origional was just coming apart in places. The parquet is pretty easy to install, and not overly expensive either.

Jul 10, 2006
- - Jax,Fla
Cabin sole repalcement.

I have done 4 over lays using Lonseal.... a product which looks exactly like teak and holy, but will not rot.It comes in a varnished or non varnished look. It is easy to cut with a standard pair of heavy scissors or razor knife.It is sold in rolls and is somewhat expensive -unless you consider this is the last time you will ever replace your sole.Go to Lonseal.com and check it out.You will not see the teak and holy on their site but call the 800 # and ask for a sample of the varnished and unvarnished teak and holy product. If you go with a sanding of your sole to try to refinish it, be advised it is only 1/16 of an inch thick and you can quickly sand right through it.It is only a teak and holy veneer on a plywood panel.Over laying with a teak and holy plywood is another option but will raise your cabin sole by approx. 1/2".Over lay with parguet does the same, but is also an option which I see done with a fairly good result as Nice N easy points out.It is by far much less expensive. Check out Lonseal...I am using it to cover hull sides, over head, and a few other applications on my 34.It is kind of like a linoleum or vinyl flooring material but is being sold commercially for high traffic areas such as gym floors.I tested the sample they sent by dropping a double winch handle on it with no visible mark or damage. I love the stuff and my customers are amazed at how good it looks when done. Cheers- Capt Hawk RogueWave Seidelmann 34

Jan 5, 2007
- - NY
Is it a teak sole??

...If so...then try UltimateSole. (see www.ultimatesole.com) as it is really incredible stuff. You can believe the pictures and claims on the website and I am totally satisfied with both the application and how well it has held up in use. NO affiliation.

Apr 21, 2006
- - Bennettsville, SC
Many thanks for sole help

The "ultimatesole" looks good and I have ordered some. Thanks, Ron Snipes rsnipes29512@yahoo.com

Jun 7, 2004
Schock 35 Seattle
Lonseal

As CaptHawk stated you cannot see the Lonseal product in their regular website, but you can see it here: http://www.lonsealspecialty.com/lonwdteakholly.html It is an awesome product that is very easy to install.

Jan 5, 2007
- - NY
Ron...

Glad you're gonna try it. A couple of tips: 1. Lowes or Home Depot sells an upgraded foam brush that has a bit denser feel than the standard ones. I find it much better and keeps any bubbles from brush strokes to a minimum. Whatever you do...use FOAM not bristle brushes with the stuff. 2. When you've applied your first coat...let it dry but DO NOT sand between coats as it will get all gummy and you'll have to go back to bear wood. The product needs NO sanding between coats. Other than that...nothing to worry about if you've properly sanded the sole and got the dust off. Good luck...you're gonna be happy with the results1

Jul 10, 2006
- - Jax,Fla
Lonseal - Florida

Nathan; Sorry I am so long in seeing your post Re: Lonseal...I have been in Reno at a Military Reunion.To answer your question___ SouthCo here in Florida is the people I have been dealing with.Their phone number is 321-676-1210.You can request any samples you would like to review and they will send them out to you. Cheers-CaptHawk

Status
Not open for further replies.