Solar Panel Wiring - Hunter 376

Mar 26, 2015
Hunter 376 Marina del Rey
I've purchased a replacement for the solar panel that was standard equipment on my 1997 H 376. Before connecting the panel to the existing wiring installation of a regulator is required.
I finally found an H 376 manual, online, that had the solar panel connection, penciled in!
Hot side to the starter battery switch +, negative to the starter battery - (at the battery terminal.
At last!

Tim

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 376 Pt Robert
I've purchased a replacement for the solar panel that was standard equipment on my 1997 H 376. Before connecting the panel to the existing wiring installation of a regulator is required.
I finally found an H 376 manual, online, that had the solar panel connection, penciled in!
Hot side to the starter battery switch +, negative to the starter battery - (at the battery terminal.
At last!

Tim
was the solar panel worth the instillation?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I'd question if the panel was "standard" equipment- "O.E.M.", that is. Most likely the new dealer installed it. If you bought it brand new. That's my 2 cents. How many watts is the panel???

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
If you are just replacing the panel, the wiring shouldn't be an issue. The connectors from the panel are reversed to prevent one from connecting the panel backwards. I believe they are called MC-4 connectors and from the panel one is male, the other female.

Was there some other information you were looking for that we haven't covered?

Apr 16, 2017
Hunter 37.5 East Hampton, NY
I’ve been looking for one for my 37.5. Could you send me info on manufacturer, size, output and cost. Thanks. Jerry

Aug 18, 2018
Hunter 410 MDR
I’ve been looking for one for my 37.5. Could you send me info on manufacturer, size, output and cost. Thanks. Jerry
Hey Jerry,
That original post was from 2017 that guy has never posted again.
If you are replacing the factory panel remember it's only a trickle charge for the start battery to keep it topped off if you left it unattended off a charger for a long period of time. It is straight wired to the start battery selecter switch, no regulater, there should be a fuse on that switch panel.
I wouldn't put much money into that, put it into a house bank setup.
Just Google 12 volt solar panal shopping, it's all there.