So what are you?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Well according to your toe chart, I'm african. According to 23 and me, my father is scoth irish, canadian french and dutch. My mother is mostly cajun with a smattering of german.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Greek. Not so off since my father's family are Slovak - . But Mom's side are Scots, Dutch and a smattering of other WASP's. I'm American. In other words - a mutt.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It appears I "Walk like an Egyptian". But my heritage is Celtic - with likely a little Baltic thrown in to spice up the gene pool. Those Norwegians visited a lot of places.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Distinctly Roman, which could be, as they occupied the British isles for a little while.

I think the reality is that I've got everything from Russia west in here somewhere. But mostly Scot/Irish.

-Will (Dragonfly)

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Brian, I think your chart is useless. According to that I am Oriental but I have not an ounce of Asian blood in me according to my DNA.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
NORwegian.

But...

I wore cowboy boots when I was 4 and my Mom said they deformed my foot.:yikes:

Does that mean I am..
WESTwegian

Jim...

PS: If you don't have DNA >50%, in one background, you are just a Blend.;)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
my father is scoth irish
I see the SCOTH in you.:cowbell:

Jim...

PS: That is how you say Scotch when the Irish in you had too much to drink.:biggrin:
PSS: Per Sean Connery, Scotch is a drink, Scottish is from Scotland.
PSSS: I am 80% Scottish.:ass:

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
According to the chart I am Greek.

According to lineage I am Scottish (my mothers side is all Scottish) & father side is Irish, English & Dutch.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
well, while I believe we have proven the chart to be inaccurate based upon our various known lineages, we at least now have learned what each others digit orientations look like! Bet I could pick many of you out of a lineup, sans shoes of course!

Who-da thought such a wealth of knowledge could come from this forum!! :biggrin:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
well, while I believe we have proven the chart to be inaccurate based upon our various known lineages, we at least now have learned what each others digit orientations look like! Bet I could pick many of you out of a lineup, sans shoes of course!

Who-da thought such a wealth of knowledge could come from this forum!! :biggrin:
As per your earlier post, this chart may really have application for us sailors.
observation....several of those (Greek, Celtic & Aboriginal) are at much greater risk of stubbing toes on midships cleats and other deck hdwr....
I remember vividly, kicking the cleats by accident while walking along the seawalls in Clearwater when I was a kid. It was my instep that took the brunt of it, but had I had a Greek, Aboriginal or Celtic foot, I might have broken toes.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
kinda related, this toe thread reminded me.....had a client back in the day, as we sat at a bar somewhere in the Carribean on one of our incentive travel trips...as several of us worked mightily on getting a "nose full" of beer & spirits with varying degree of success, and truths and untruths being told, he spurted out "betcha 10 bucks I've got 6 toes on my left foot". Of course this drew quite a round of chuckles and spewing beer......we all ponied up a pile of Carribean dollars on the bar.........yup, sure enough, he kicked off his shoe and planted his foot on the bar....we all gathered around and counted 6! :yikes:

He happily walked away with a fistful of dollars.....true story...

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
kinda related, this toe thread reminded me.....had a client back in the day, as we sat at a bar somewhere in the Carribean on one of our incentive travel trips...as several of us worked mightily on getting a "nose full" of beer & spirits with varying degree of success, and truths and untruths being told, he spurted out "betcha 10 bucks I've got 6 toes on my left foot". Of course this drew quite a round of chuckles and spewing beer......we all ponied up a pile of Carribean dollars on the bar.........yup, sure enough, he kicked off his shoe and planted his foot on the bar....we all gathered around and counted 6! :yikes:

He happily walked away with a fistful of dollars.....true story...
Did he also have 6 fingers on his right hand....
1594147964226.png

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Greek here according to your chart, but Dad was English (Cox) and Mom was German (Heckard), so go figure that mix. Mom always told me that people with that kind of foot would rule the roost. Must have missed that calling in our household.