SNAP! I need a used 22 Rudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.C Jacob

Hi, I was out sailing with family a few weekends ago, and snap, our rudder did a lateral split - looked like something came by and ate the lower half of it! It was a bit hairy as we had some nice whitecap weather, but managed to get back in with the motor and some interesting steering. Now my problem is I can't seem to find where to get a used one or a reasonable replacement. The boat is from 1970, and I can tell some other bits are getting pretty frayed, so I'm looking for a quick few years fix. Any advice? I've looked on ebay, and can't find any general boat salvage places online. I guess another possibility is to take the dimensions and make a wood one? Thanks a bunch, Eager to be back on the water

E

Echo Gulf

Try this...

"www.newrudders.com", it may be possible to use a rudder from a different make of boat. My Cat 27 is equipped with a rudder from a Martin Sailboat that far out-performs the original.

S

Simon

May have rudder and more for you!

Hi TC: Just bought a '71 Catalina 22 one of the "750" models. She is in sad shape with structural hull damage due to sitting on a trailer for a long time. I am not sure I am going to invest the time nor money until I have the hull checked. But the good news is I have all her hardware, including mast and rudder etc. If I decide to dump the project I will sell the parts. Send me an email and I will let you know as I decide this weekend.(11/21) Happy Sailing Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.