Snake River Tank Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terry Fields

My tank monitor has failed for the second time in 12 months. Has anyone else had this type of experience with the factory standard tank monitor? I had considered an upgrade to the system, but after two failures, I am reluctant to spend any money with Snake River.

P

Peggie Hall/Headmistress

Snake River Systems don't fail...

Not denying that yours did, it's just a VERY rare occurance! E-mail Dennis Firiello at Snake River... dennis@snake-river.org They stand behind their products! So whatever has gone awry, he'll help you figure it out and make sure it doesn't happen again.

T

Tom

???...Yes that is rare indeed. I wonder if your

12 volt or other wiring isn't shorting somewhere or some other anomaly. These systems are pretty simple which lends itself to less chance to break. What exactly is failing?..Do you have the LED, LCD or LCD delux system?

D

Dennis Ferriello

Tank Monitor

Tom: I have heard your words many times about system failure. Ask at any forum about the AcuGage. The main thing I can say it that Snake River stands behind everything we sell. It is available on this site which also stands behind everything they sell. Dennis Ferriello Snake River Electronics

D

Dennis Ferriello

Snake River Gauges

In reading the post about failure, what system are you talking about? Dennis Ferriello Snake River Electronics

K

Ken Kindrick

Water tank meter

This week on my H340 I didn't slow down enough going over a large wake and the bow slammed, and the water tank meter went to 1/4 full and is stuck. Under the v-berth on top of the water tank I tapped the sensor and the needle on the meter went to where it should be, but only for a few minutes, then went back to 1/4 full. I'd like to know how to fix it. Ken Kindrick kkindrick@juno.com

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

Not a Snake River gauge...

Snake River gauges don't have needles. Are you sure it NEEDS fixing? Maybe your water tank is only 1/4 full.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
'01 410

Now here's a question for Dennis: Terry has a '01 H410. Would that have the new SR monitor, or one of the old ones?

P

Pete

Ken/340 water gauge

Ken-if you have the wema gauge (needle type) that was factory original you most probably broke the sending unit in the tank. These gauge/sending units are junk (my 2 cents worth) Almost $50 for a new sending unit, I would buy the snake river gauge and forget the wema. Good Luck

T

Terry Fields

Snake River Monitor

This is in response to Dennis Ferriello's message. I have a replacement monitor for the factory LCD unit. The unit is approximately 60 days old, and reads nothing but a line of solid boxes when any of the switches are depressed.

M

Michael O'

Snake River adjustments

I've got the single diesal tank monitor and can't get either adjustment screw on the module to get the unit to read the required voltage for full tank. The result is: tank reads 4 bars (full) no matter what level of fuel in tank. The full-tank reading should be approximately 3.5 (3-1/2) volts: Instructions say that:(a) If the full reading is too high (over 3.5 volts) twist the full adjustment screw (the brass screw closest to the middle of the module) COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to lower the reading. (b) If the reading is too low (below 3.5 volt) twist the empty adjustment screw CLOCKWISE to raise the reading. I've tried adjusting each tiny little brass screw with no luck reaching 3.5 volts. Any suggestions?

D

Dennis Ferriello

Sticking meter

That is not our unit. There is nothing to tap, it is all electronic. That is probably a Wema unit with a float. This is common with a float unit. Dennis Ferriello Snake River Electronics

D

Dennis Ferriello

Diesel Sending Unit

Michael: You are doing it correctly. Please call our Engineer on Monday and he will help you. You may have a bad sensor. One every now and then is bad but our ratio is very low. WE will get it right for you. WE do not want any unhappy customers. Please call 800 928-9866. He is there from 8am to 5pm mountain time. Our Engineer is Dave. Thanks Dennis Ferriello Sales Manager PS his email is engineering@snake-river.org

D

Dennis Ferriello

Snake River Monitor

Terry: We have a a few of our units do this. This again is not the norm. Sometimes there is a short in a wire somewhere in the circuit or rarely it is the LCD itself. If the unit is 60 days old it is well within the warranty. Please send me your phone number and I will take care of it for you. We can't help you if you don't get a hold of us. Please mail me at Dennis@snake-river.org and send your phone number thanks Dennis Ferriello Sales Manager

D

Dennis Ferriello

01 410

Boy you guys have me jumping today but that is OK. We are here to help and make ALL OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY. I just answered Terry's question. Sound like our unit. Again we have very few problems. Our units have the Hunter LOGO on them and if look at the back of the panel it will have our name and a production date. I am taking care of the Hunter warranties with Greg Emmerson and we are having VERY FEW warranties. We get some units back that there are no problems at all. The all black squares I have seen a couple of times. Dennis Ferriello Sales Manager Snake River Electronics

D

Dennis Ferriello

Thanks

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help. Please if you ever have any questions please post here and if I don't get here quick, please mail me. I try to check most every day but sometimes someone will write me like today and tell me to show up. We want happy customers and we have many, many of them. Please write me at Dennis@snake-river.org Dennis Ferriello Snake River Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.