sliding galley

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonye

Dec 20, 2006
- - Carlyle, IL
Wanted - Sliding galley for catalina 22. I have heard alot of people remove (dont use) these for racing to save weight.

Ray

Mar 10, 2006
Hunter 26 Kettle Falls Wa.
Home made galley that's better and lighter.

My 1980 C22 has a galley that the previous owner built to reduce weight and improve the design. The original galley requires 2 strong people to remove and has limited features. Mine has a smaller footprint, a propane 2 burner stove and enough storage for implements and cookware for 4 persons and weighs about 50#. It does not have a sink or store water but that's not a problem. I'll post a picture within a week after this snow storm passes if you are interested. I do know of an original galley if your interest in buying one. It's in "good +" condition but I have no idea what he would want and the shipping would probably be more than the galley. We found out after many long weekend trips that we even could do with a lot less galley by using the "Barbee". Ray

A

Al Hughes

Galley for 22

Good Day I too have built my own Galley. I have a Cat 22 #81. I built mine out of wall paneling with a 1" X 1" wood frame. I have two drawers and a one burner propane stove. This uses the small Colman style propane canisters. I made it to slide under the right side cockpit seat, just like the orginal. I have no pictures of it. I hope this helps you. Fair winds AL

tonye

Dec 20, 2006
- - Carlyle, IL
Im interested in pictures of any custom galleys for the 22, building one is a good idea. Also might be interested in the original sliding galley mentioned but you might be right about it costing way too much to ship. Thanks and have a good new year.

D

don

galley for sale

i have a slide out galley to sell it does not have a stove and the sink faucet. the water tank is in good shape the gelcoat is in fair to poor shape(nicks/chips). the wood is in good shape. this is a heavy object so shipping might be high. leave me a message on ebay-member - 1orcas, dont want to post email for spamers thanks don

Status
Not open for further replies.