Sliding cockpit cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frank A.

I've just taken delivery on a new 2001 H340. Absolutely love this boat bt have one question; has anyone come up with a good solution to the cockpit cushions sliding out from underneath dainty size 12 feet when climbing back into the cockpit.?????? I've tried the factory-supplied snaps but they simply don't hold. Plus I wasn't wild about rtilling holes in my brand-new boat.!!!!! Since this is a brand-new boat i suspect there's still some release agent on the gelcoat surface and I'd assume the new cushions are still somewhat stiff. But I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions on how folks have used different devices to secure these cushions while still making them reasonably easy to remove for cleaning, etc. Thanks much-o in advance for any help.

R

Roy Mosteller

Scoot-Gard Non-Skid Shelf Liner

For four years this is what I have used under cockpit cushions. Keeps them in place extremely well. I also use it in almost all my lockers under things like dishes, pans, bottles, cans, etc. Is 12 inches wide, comes in 12 foot roll, four colors and is not expensive. Available at West Marine who sells it by the foot. As they say, "Try it, you will like it."

P

Paul Akers

Even cheaper...

...to buy the stuff at Home Depot or even Sam's Club.

P

Paul Sealock

Scoot Guard

I've been using it under my cocpit cushions on my L37.5 for the last eight years. It is an essential part of my routine for putting the cushions out each day we are on the boat. My wife loves it so much she bought a whole roll; it's under everything the is not screwed, bolted or tied down. You will find a big diference in slip potential.

G

G. Fletcher

Another problem solved

I was beginning to think that "cockpit surfing" was part of having cushions! Thanks, to "a little help from my friends" I have a solution to yet another problem and BEFORE I dilled holes all over the place to place snaps! What a great forum! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.