Skylight Repair

• Thread starter Carroll H. Austin
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carroll H. Austin

I have a l984 Cat/ 25 that has a square white transparent skylight mounted flush in deck between the forward hatch and bow. The size of this plastic is approx. 3"x8". This became cracked and then eventually broke . As this is the first summer I have owned the boat, I am not familiar enough with the parts availability and wonder if this is a replaceable stock item or if it would have to be custom fitted? I presume the purpose of this was to let more light into the v-berth area, however it would seem that the location on the deck would we subject to quite a bit of traffic and vulnerable to more weight and wear than the material could handle. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the solution?? Thank you for any insight you can offer..

D

DANNY HAIN

REPAIRED 22

I HAVE A 86 CAT22 AND WAS ABLE TO GET A REPLACEMENT FROM CATALINA YACHTS IN WOODLAND HILLS, CALIF. FOR ABOUT 6 DOLLARS FOR BOTH THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PIECES. I PROBABLY COULD HAVE MADE THEM MYSELF BUT NOT WORTH THE AGRAVATION.YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE REPLACEMENT IM SURE THE REASON THE ORIGINAL BROKE WAS DUE TO AGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.