Sirius Sailboat Cadillac

Jan 19, 2012
Vandestadt & McGruer Sirius 21 Hamilton
Hello everyone. I have a cool Sirius story to tell...

So we are very happy with our present Sirius 21, not in the market for anything else. Searching online for current pricing of the 21's I came across a 1987 Sirius 28 for Sale, actually two. The boat is close to me and seems to be priced well. What the heck we will have a look. The boat is in very good condition and I have purchased it for a fair price. It lived it's life at the Wiarton Marina, close to the factory.

I was going to arrange a survey for the boat, but it seems that only last year Mr. McGruer conducted one, the McGruer that built it. The present owner provided me with the survey and contact with Mr. McGruer. Mr McGruer told me that he knows the owner and boat very well. He encouraged me to buy it. I was a little star struck by Mr McGruer, and consider his reference on the boat very solid. I told Mr McGruer that he should be very proud of the products he built, and how they had stood the test of time. Mr. McGruer was very enthusiastic and helpful. I could tell that he knew his work on the Sirius brand had been an exceptional example of Canadian Sailboat building. Mr. McGruer commented that the Sirius 21/22 was special because it could do so many things very well. Having experience with the 21 I agree with him completely. 850 Sirius 21/22 were built, 107 Sirius 28's. The Siren 17 model was Vandestadt & McGruer's best seller. I really feel I have bought something very special in the Sirius 28.

I am very excited to experience our new boat and the quality I have come to love in our Sirius. The new boat is beautiful! I have found a lot of great information in these threads. If anyone is looking for great condition 78 Sirius 21 one my is now for sale, with all the upgrades I have done. Find my email in earlier post re owners manual.

Ray

Attachments