sirius 21 hull id?

Mar 4, 2021
sirius 21/22 wiarton
Hello. I am a new sirius 21/22 owner and am trying to find location of my HIN for my insurance company?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

The HIN is found on a metal or plastic plate, typically on the transom of the boat, usually on the right starboard (right) side of the transom within two inches of the top of transom, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, whichever is lowest. Your sales agreement and the seller's registration should also have it.

1614905973222.png

Mar 4, 2021
sirius 21/22 wiarton
Thanks for the welcome! Sadly the HIN is not there on my boat. Nor is it on my license paper work or handwritten sales receipt. I have reached out to the previous owner for help. perhaps they will come through.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If your boat is older than 1971, it may not have had a HIN

Never mind. I see now that they didn’t start production until 1977.

Sometimes it is stamped into the wet fiberglass instead of being a plate.

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
has your hull been painted? I've seen the HIN sanded thin and painted over where it was nearly impossible to see. The little boat I'm working on now was that way.

Check with your local license office/dmv or highway patrol on how to go about registering it if you can't find it. In my state the highway patrol can inspect and assign a serial number.

• Helpful
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Check with your local license office/dmv or highway patrol on how to go about registering it if you can't find it. In my state the highway patrol can inspect and assign a serial number.
I did something similar with a trailer once. A police officer had to witness me attaching the VIN tag with a pop-rivet gun. The DMV lady was very helpful in helping me get it done right.

Mar 4, 2021
sirius 21/22 wiarton
Thanks so much for all your replies! The HIN on my 1981 sirius 21\22 was pressed into the wet fibreglass on the upper starboard corner of the transom just below the rub rail. Very difficult to discover! Giddee up Spring! So excited to explore Georgian Bay this season!!!