shower

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angelo

MY SON WANTS TO ADD A HEAD SINK AND SHOWER ON HIS 27 POWER SAILER. ACCORDING TO THE OWNERS MANUEL IT WAS AN OPTION. SEEMS TO BE A SIMPLE PROJECT, THE COUNTER TOP IS THERE FOR THE SINK. MY QUESTION IS THE SHOWER DRAIN, THERE IS A PLACE IN THE FLOOR TO PUT ONE BUT I CAN'T GET UNDER IT. DOES THE SHOWER WATER DRAIN INTO THE BILGE AND THEN GET PUMPED OUT BY THE BILGE PUMP OR IS THERE ANOTHER METHOD.

ALSO HE IS REFINISHING THE WOOD, HAS ANYONE USED URETHANE INSTEAD OF TEAK OIL SOME OF THE FLOOR BOARDS HAVE SIGNS OF DELAMINATING AND HOW DID IT WORK OUT.

LAST QUESTION THE TINTED STATIONARY WINDOWS ALONG THE SIDE OF THE CABIN ARE CRACKED AND LEAKING. IS THIS MATERIAL PLEXIGLAS,ACRYLIC OR LEXAN.

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH ONE OR ALL TOPICS.

THANKS
ANGELO

B

Brian D

Angelo...

I will be at my boat tomorrow and see how/where the shower drain goes. I think it might go to the bilge, but I will look and tell you for sure.

My wood is not delaminating. I would recommend replacing if you cannot fix. But I use teak oil only. No paint or varnish. I like the look and feel of the oil and it is easy to touch up.

I don't know the material for the windows. I guess any will do that has a high UV resistance. There is a thread on here about replacing hatch glass. Look for it and check the link in the text. I'd take measurements and contact the company for an exact replacement in fit and form.

I'll get back with you on the shower drain tomorrow afternoon.

B

Brian D

OK...

I checked out the drain in the shower. I cannot find an exit. It does not drain in the bilge or the holding tank. So it must be connected to the sink drain somehow. I don't know how you are going to get that drain to the sink. Maybe you can in fact route it to the bilge.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.