Shore Power not working! Power to the boat but not in Boat

Aug 12, 2013
Hunter 33.6 Sandy Island, SC
Hello....Kinda baffled here I have a 2007 Hunter 33.6, I've had my shore Power connected to Line 1 and parrelling so I can run my air Conditioner here at my home dock for a couple days now with it working fine...But Earlier I went down below to check to make sure everything was running properly and I have NO power what so ever....Any help would be greatly appreciated...I ve checked the dock breaker and it's fine.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Re: Shore Power not working! Power to the boat but not in Bo

breaker on shore power plug panel?

Aug 12, 2013
Hunter 33.6 Sandy Island, SC
I am fairly new to this as you probably can tell and don't mean to sound dumb....Where exactly would I locate the shore power plug panel?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I am fairly new to this as you probably can tell and don't mean to sound dumb....Where exactly would I locate the shore power plug panel?
more than likely at the other end of you shore power cord there usually is a box on the dock that you plug into to get power and in that box should be a 30 amp breaker to control the power to your plug ....good luck...if all else fails ask a dock neighbor most are more than glad to help

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
What I was referring to is the breaker on the panel on the boat where the yellow shore power cable plugs into the boat.

May 10, 2004
Hunter MH 37 Manitowoc, WI
Check the AC breaker in the lazarette.

On my 2011 H33 there was a breaker for shore power in the cockpit lazarette. This breaker can trip on a ground fault or overload. Check there to see if it t r ipped.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith

Check isolation transformer breaker. Mine kicks out occasionally under heavy load.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
On my 2011 H33 there was a breaker for shore power in the cockpit lazarette. This breaker can trip on a ground fault or overload. Check there to see if it t r ipped.
By the sometime in the 90's Catalina started to put their shore power two-pole breaker on a box that covers the back side of the shore power inlet on their boats. Smart move, given that ABYC "suggests" that there be less than 10 feet between the wiring entry and the breaker. This functionally reduces that distance to less than a foot. I would guess that Hunter did something like this as well. So do check out the area immediately behind the cord inlet.

Our '88 model boat had the factory shore power breaker on the AC panel inside the cabin, and this turned out to be about a foot or two too far.... So I copied the scheme from Catalina and and built a little frp cover box on the back side of the shore power receptacle and put a new Blue Seas breaker there. Just a little detail, but one that would "flunk" a survey otherwise.

Part of boat ownership is getting your head into all (!) of the spaces on your boat to know what's there. While it's true that you can hire this done @ $100/hour, it's best to personally know these details first hand.
Happy exploring!
:)

Loren

ps: we have been sailing a similar sized boat for 20 years -- perfect size. Not too big to single hand and roomy enough for a couple to spend a month's vacation on.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
As already suggested check the breakers for the feeds in to the boat. They go to isolation transformers that are typically in the stern locker.
There should be a breaker for each line in.

With circuits paralleled and the heavy draw from air conditioner its very likely the breaker tripped. Especially if you tried to operate something else on the same circuit. Like battery charger or any other 110 appliance.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md

More likely than the breaker is the gfi trip on the outlet.

Jun 27, 2014
Hunter Legend 37.5 Nanaimo
Hi, Have you checked to see if there is a inverter in line ahead of the power panel aboard? I had a similar experience and all I had to do was reset the inverter under the settee.
Cheers
Westwind

Feb 21, 2011
Hunter 410 Lorain

I don't know if your set-up is similar to mine on my 410 - but there are "safety" breakers inside the aft cockpit locker for the shore power. Mine were "off" when I bought my boat - and I had a similar problem. Capt Bill on STARGAZER

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers

95% or better it is the breaker in the cockpit lazarette. Happened to me just after I commissioned my boat in 2003. If you are running HVAC on one 30 amp line in parallel and have much else on like microwave, hot water heater, it will trip. Just take HWH system off line or use panel breakers to manage power use.

JSumme

Jul 21, 2015
Marlow-Hunter e33 Alexandria
Hello....Kinda baffled here I have a 2007 Hunter 33.6, I've had my shore Power connected to Line 1 and parrelling so I can run my air Conditioner here at my home dock for a couple days now with it working fine...But Earlier I went down below to check to make sure everything was running properly and I have NO power what so ever....Any help would be greatly appreciated...I ve checked the dock breaker and it's fine.
I don't know if you've had a chance to read the other responses and fix this or not, but I have a 2014 Hunter 33e. My breakers on the boat are on the aft bulkhead of the aft cabin. You might look there. If my battery chargers (I have the Elko electric engine) are charging and I turn on the A/C while charging, it will throw the onboard breaker because of an overload. That may be the problem.

Jan 30, 2010
Hunter 33 St. Joseph, Michigan
Check the AC breaker in the lazarette.

Thank you you saved my night!