Shipping a 36 from France to the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jose G Venegas

I am buying a new Beneteau 361 in France this fall and, after sailing it for a few weeks there, I want to ship it to Fort Lauderdale (Florida). Has anybody had experience with this that can advice me on the do’s and don’t’s of such an enterprise. Any contacts with shippers and importers will be appreciated.

P

Paul Akers

Cruising World

Jose, Cruising World had an article about 6 months ago that dealt with shipping boats. I don't know if it entailed shipping internationally, though. I would imagine that the Beneteau people woulfd be able to answer some of your questions. They produce and ship Jeanneaus to the states from France.

J

Jim Russell

Wet Shipped

While chartering in Martinique (name dropping <grin>) we observed the wet-shipping of boats. The midsection of hauling ship was flooded and the stern opened allowing the boat to be floated into the midsection. The boat is shored up, tied, or whatever, and the cargo space is then pumped dry. We watched them unload a few boats. Quite a neat trick. Since some of the boats were Beneteaus from France, I would assume the company is well aware of this service and could put you in contact with them. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.