Sherwood Water Pump Replacement Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2011
Catalina 310 Gloucester Point, Va
Taking out the three bolts on my Sherwood Water Pump was hell. In doing so, I stripped out the threads of the impeller cover..OH GREAT....my brother-in-law rigged a simpler, better solution, we replaced the threaded screws with threaded 1/4 "allen head screws, with washers on both sides and the regular nut. BUT, we screwed it in front to rear. Works like a champ, and next time I do this nasty job, it will be easier....The allen screw heads are small, so you don't have to worry about the " regular" bolt head not being flush against the outer impeller cover. The allen bolt head with washers are perfect...Hope this gives hope to other M25xbp engine owners with Sherwood pumps..

Mar 15, 2011
sherwood water pump Replacement Bolts

Paulj..

Looks exactly like my beast...I dont know the answer, but suffice to say, the nuts that I used on the allen threaded screws also worked on the old bolts. Take a bolt out the cover, get a 1/4" nut, then find the stainless allen bolts that work with the 1/4" bolt. (don't forget the washers)...think we used 1 1/4 or 1/1/2 " allen bolts..long enough to go thru the impeller housing and get a washer and bold to hold on the rear side..Hope this helps

Mar 15, 2011
I transposed the word bolt instead of nut...essentially find nuts that work with current bolts, then find the similar allen bolt, only 1/2 longer

Mar 30, 2007
Catalina 310 Manalapan, NJ
I must have missed something. Would it be just as good to use a hex head bolt (with the washers) instead of an allen head bolt?

Mar 15, 2011
Sherwood Water Pump Replacement Bolts

No, hex nut is too wide to lay flat against the outer impeller cover, you need
a smaller bolt heat....allen bolt with washer is perfect size and fits flat, which means the bolt goes thru the cover and rear flange perfectly straight.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.