Setback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2006
- - -
Roger:
Got your email on the tank, give me a call.
Just looked and you have a sensor repair kit. It has the 2 cooper pads with the white wire on them and new foil. Just cut the wires close to the tank and connect the white wire on the sensor to the new copper pads.
Sorry you are having tank problems. Again call and lets talk.
Dennis

dennis@ferriellosales.com
www.ferriellosales.com

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Next morning. Pressure is only down to 1.3 psi but bubbles are still instantly visible when applying soap solution. This is why the solution is an essential part of the test. Just holding air overnight does not prove you don't have a leak.

BTW give a big hand for Dennis's incredible customer service. I don't need a new sensor. Everything to move the system to the new tank was right there in the repair kit I bought. He answered my email within a couple hours.

Nov 22, 2008
I dropped the defective tank off at Triple M Plastics at 0800 Monday morning. They said that, even if I wanted to, they couldn't salvage it. The extrusion welding used on the inside shrinks and pulls the outer welds apart. The heat build up that my first fabricator had problems with prevents a continuous weld and the piece by piece joints can never be gotten to seal together. They said the tank might be made tight for a short time but would open up again.

They said I didn't need to tell them who built the tank but I did. They said, "What? They do beautiful work there. What happened? Evidently, they don't have much experience with poly tanks."

Anyway, I was just getting off a plane in Ohio yesterday noon, a day and a morning after I dropped the tank off, and my phone rang. The tank was done! The other guy worked on the first one for weeks.

Don't even think about going anywhere except Triple M if you are having a custom tank welded up in this part of the world.

Jun 28, 2005
Hunter H33 2004 Mumford Cove,CT & Block Island
I am curious about the two metallic stripes on the side of the tank. They look identical to the ones on my Hunter's holding tank, for the tank monitor system, which doesn't work very well, does your system work?

Nov 22, 2008
does your system work?
Not yet. After a day of trying to figure out why it didn't work, their engineer had me cut a wire and check voltage, oops, it was evidently sent out with a blown output transistor. The replacement is in the mail.

Peggie speaks highly of these monitors and their customer service is almost too attentive. I expect it to work well. They do need consistent voltage if you want great accuracy. People who let their batteries go down to 11 volts may not have the accuracy they desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.