Set screw....

Cztomo

Jul 9, 2022
Hunter 336 Northport
I forgotten to mention the size of the set screw, its a M10 x 20mm long.

Cztomo

Jul 9, 2022
Hunter 336 Northport
While prepping the boat for winter dry storage, I found the place where the set screw came from. Please bear in mind I just purchased the boat on the summer..

Attachments

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Wow, from mast to foredeck - must have had some force on that batten when it gave way.

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
Glad to hear you found out where it came from.

So...it occurred to me that tossing a set screw like that onto the deck of a neighbor's boat in the marina would be a horrible prank. You know, the guy who's a loud drunk, has slapping halyards, and lets his dog run loose in the marina.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Glad to hear you found out where it came from.

So...it occurred to me that tossing a set screw like that onto the deck of a neighbor's boat in the marina would be a horrible prank. You know, the guy who's a loud drunk, has slapping halyards, and lets his dog run loose in the marina.
And you really think the guy would notice the set screw on his deck?

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
And you really think the guy would notice the set screw on his deck?
True.... it's the fastidious boat owner who would go nuts looking for the source.

Actually did that to such a fellow years ago.. trouble was he knew his boat so well that he knew that particular part couldn't have come from his boat....

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Upper swivel furler set screw?
Have you used binoculars to check your rigging?
Many years ago, One of the more nasty tricks that some guys did during competitive racing was to fire a bolt or nut into the top section of another boat’s main sail using a small slingshot. I’m not saying I condone this, but it has some humour to it.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Consider yourself lucky....Murphy's first rule states, " Objects dropped or falling on a sailboat will issue a sound report to get your attention. You will hear 2 bounces followed by a loud PLOP.".....