Service Kits for "SKIPPER Type 7&8

Jan 14, 2024
Islander 55 Vancouver
I can sure use some help. We have two of these heads in teh boat and each have a different problem. The main head I would think is a flapper issue as water will shot up when pumping. I can moderate and it will pump out but need to watch how vigour I pump. the other head, has a constant lack at the foot lever/pump handle inlet. I was going to get the Service Kit 1539 as the instructions call for but that is certainly not as easy as it sounds. Do I meed to search each of those parts in teh kit individually? Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Mike

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Thetford bought Wilcox Crittenden 10+ years ago for the sole reason that W-C was the US importer for an Italian macerating electric toilet thy wanted and promptly discontinued everything W-C made including the Skipper and any parts and service kits. They continued to sell the parts and service kits till they ran out of inventory. Demand for the Skipper remained high enough that Theford did introduce a poor imitation that they named "Skipper II"...if your trip over parts for it, avoid them...very few of the parts for it will fit the real Skipper. Some marine retailers may still have some real Skipper parts, but they're few and far between. I suggest you search the 'net for other Skipper owners... they may even have their own site/forum on FB...every other group does. Also check sites like cruisersforum.com..I've seen Skipper owners there along with just about every other WC toilet.

Wish I could offer better advice...

--Peggie

Jan 14, 2024
Islander 55 Vancouver
thank for your prompt reply Peggie. I have an old kerosene Shipmate galley stove that is also a struggle to find parts appreciate your thoughts on the Skipper.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Kerosene stoves are more common among people who camp than on boats...try googling for retailers who sell to that market. At least a few of them must know of sources for parts that'll fit your Shipmate
Also check out sites for dedicated tent campers and hikers..their members are likely to include older folks who also have "vintage" equipment and know of sources for parts that fit multiple brands.

--Peggie

Last edited: