Seneca Lake Sailing Video 8/30-31/2019

Aug 14, 2017
Macgregor 25 Seneca Lake, NY
Will (Firefly) inspired me to try my had at a little video editing. This (comedy) video is a compilation from two sails from my dock in Himrod (Plum Point) North to the NUWC Seneca Lake Sonar Test Facility, about a 24 mile round trip. This is more in the wider middle section of the lake and the scenery is a little different than in Watkins Glen. Made 10.7 mph in my MacGregor 25 on the downwind run.

Video

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Great video. Beautiful lake. Your sail trim looks good.
Thanks for sharing.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 28 East Tawas
My first boat was a 23' Clipper Challenger; 1973 vintage. Small, swift, simple and sleek. A boat similar to Wind Instrument. What fun! Easy to rig and run. The sensation of speed and control on this size boat is nearly visceral. I didn't have a chute but the boat was a pleasure to take out and go where the wind led you. I've been to the Finger Lakes and they are beautiful in every way. I sailed my "First Plunge" on the Saginaw Bay of Lake Huron. The video brought back great memories of day sailing Wild Fowl Bay with wife and friends. A great video: In some ways better than the big boat blue water ventures on the internet.

Jul 26, 2009
. . .
Thanks for sharing, looks like you had the lake to yourself other than the dredge. Nice setup with the boat right outside your place, on a lift no less! Grew up on Owasco/Cayuga - nice area and great sailing once the ski boats are put away for the season. Special place to be in the Fall.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
well done video! motored that (from the north end when living in Victor), great name choice for your boat!