Seaward Fox 19 bilge information

Mar 13, 2011
Seaward Fox 19 Lakeview, Ohio
This is going to sound stupid, but does anyone know if there is a manual bilge on a Seaward Fox 19?

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
Seeing how it's nearly the dead of winter right now and absent of the usual necessity for quick urgently needed answers delivered by a three letter acronym or a suggestion to peruse a pre COVID post that had 50 responses I first ask for a simple clarification. Not wishing to be overly technical or nitpicky but is this question in relationship to a standard partially submerged watertight gravity filled bilge or some other type of bilge that auto correct has conveniently left off part of the description.:biggrin:

Mar 13, 2011
Seaward Fox 19 Lakeview, Ohio
I have never noticed any kind of a bilge pump manual or otherwise on this boat. Is there one and where is it located?

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
I was somewhat disappointed that the manufacturer of my used sailboat did not even generate a user manual at the time of build let alone any kind of bilge pump. When searching on the SBO site to find best bilge pump the suggested answer seemed to be get a 5 gallon bucket that will never run out of electricity and will work better anyway when operated by a sailor in panic. Later experience has taught me 5 days of rain and a partially closed companionway can be nearly equal to a 5 inch hole in the bottom in 5 minutes. To clean out the major flooding I found that my Home Depot five gallon 120AC shopvac worked the best fastest. While a portable DeWalt may take care of a temporary brain fault while on the water the regular bucket with a bail always goes with me when sailing.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you want a manual bilge pump, for a 19 foot boat I would consider a kayak/paddlers bilge pump. I used to use one of these in my McGregor 22. They discharge in both directions and move a very large volume of water quickly, you can attach a piece of tygon on hose to the Barbe and direct the water just about anywhere you want it …you could even put it through a through hull above the waterline if you wanted to make it more permanent. And they’re less than $20.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
I've tried a variety of manual bilge pumps. Seriously, I found the easiest and most effective was a smaller "Super Soaker " squirt gun

Oct 16, 2019
Grampian 26 Fifty Point Stoney Creek
I went to look at a Seaward Fox catboat yesterday that is for sale. The boat that I have just now is Sandpiper 565 and the foam flotation was saturated. Is this post about water in the foam flotation or water on the floor?
If the windows leaked would the water end up on the floor or in the bilge?