searching for Challenger 38 949 zz

Aug 13, 2007
I am searching for a specific challenger 38 that was custom built for Jim Bernard. It was a sloop/cutter rig and was named Starlite. This yacht was latter sold to a Dr. Cook and then sold a few years later.... from there the trail grows cold. Jim Bernard died 30 yrs ago and his son, Jack Bernard, lost track of Starlite after Dr. Cook sold her. On the owners registry on this website it shows that Starlite could have been 949ZZ but I am not sure in that it show the original name of 949ZZ as "Adventure" however, Jack Bernard assured me that Starlite was custom built for his dad. I have not been able to source any record of the last name on your registry of 949ZZ which is shown as "Caritas", Red Wing, MN.
The reason for my search is simple. I am presently 61 yrs old and this was the boat that I originally learned to sail on when I was in highschool. There were and are many wonderful memories aboard Starlite. And I went on to be very involved with the sailing industry for many years of my life.
If I can find "Starlite" I would love to see her one more time and should she be for sale the possibility of purchasing her would be very interesting.
Any help in tracking down Starlite would be great

Thank You

Aug 13, 2007
Thank those of you that helped me track down 949zz. It is in Red Wing, MN. I hope to visit there in the next month.

Aug 13, 2007
Yes! I would recognize "Starlite II" anywhere. I have contacted the present owners and hope to stop by and see her soon. Thank you again for the lead and the great picture! You guys are great!