Search function on iPhone ?

May 7, 2023
catalina 27 lake st clair
Is there a way to search a topic in this forum on an iPhone ? I can’t seem to figure it out …..I’m perplexed.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
In the top left of the screen you’ll see a magnifying glass. Tap that and it’ll open a search box. There’s a gear icon in that search box too if you want advanced settings.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Here is an image from my iPhone. Red circle in right corner identifies the search function.
IMG_6101.jpeg

Touching the magnifying glass gets you the search screen. Where you enter your query. I limit the query to tag words (for example: “engine” or “rudder” ).

IMG_6102.png

If you touch the gear symbol (circled in red) you get advanced function of where to search (in this example EVERYWHERE) and can limit the members who you want to find responses.
IMG_6103.jpeg

May 7, 2023
Ok just let to clarify, the search option is available when I’m using the web version, on my iPhone but there is no search when using the app on my iPhone.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
The app was made by some third party and is not really supported. Stick with the web version. It does everything the app does plus much more. If you use the web version you can also use the Safari share button to “Add to Home Screen” which will add an icon to the Home Screen so you can use it like an app, including enabling push notifications.

May 7, 2023
Wow!! I just did it…made a website appear like an app on my home page. That’s a game changer!!! Had no idea that was possible and I’ve asked many people many times and they said can’t be done. Thank you !!!