Sea Scouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vern Malin

We are starting a Sea Scout group (Ship#18) in the Columbia-Montour counties Boy Scout Council. We are looking for tax deductable trailerable boat donations. In addition to donations, we can use some pointers from anyone currently with a Sea Scout Ship. Our main concern is how other groups handle the insurance when they have a changing fleet of boats that are regigistered in the chartering organization's (church's) name. Was also told that if we have a fleet of boats, one adult is required to have his/her captains license; under what circumstances is a captains license needed? If you have a donation or some answers, please contact the Ship's skipper, Jake Hartman, at jhartman@bsamail.org .

May 18, 2004
- - Baltimore
Seacout Vern

I forwarded your post to my friend Steve, who is the Commodore of the local Chesapeake scouts. I hope he answered, because he can not only answer all your questions but they receive and even decline many boats all year, especially smaller ones like trailer boats. If you haven't heard from him, send me an email thru the Mac site here, or contact George Kain from Ship25 there in Penna.

Status
Not open for further replies.