Saying Hello !

91d28

Jan 8, 2014
C&C 25 mk1 Belleville
New to this forum and wanting to say Hello .. just purchased 1976 C&C 25 Mk1.

Only addition I will be making is a CDI FF4 ... Good Choice for the C&C 25 ???

Jay

Attachments

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Hello and Welcome 91d28,

Probably need to change the wording in the second line of your comments...."Only" will undoubtedly become "First" or "One of the". Sailboats and sailors are like that.

The companies designing furlers will have a recommendation for your size boat if not for the exact model you own. Use their guidelines.

Best Brand? Not for me to say, but roller furling the jib is a good addition to the boat as long as the equipment is reliable.

Phil

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
The C&C 25 is a great boat! I sailed on one that a friend owned for many years. Very fast and easy to handle. Good luck with yours.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Welcome. I'm sure you will have many questions and this is the place to ask'em.

91d28

Jan 8, 2014
C&C 25 mk1 Belleville
Wondering if anyone has stern rail seats installed on their c&c ??? Suggestions on purchase ?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The CDI FF4 will be fine for your boat. It is a simple furler that is missing some bells and whistles, but is reliable and good value for money.

What size headsail will you be furling? A 150 perhaps? One downside of the CDI furlers is their small drum size. You might have to use un-cored line to get enough on the drum to furl a really big genoa. The manual describes that.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
New to this forum and wanting to say Hello .. just purchased 1976 C&C 25 Mk1.

Only addition I will be making is a CDI FF4 ... Good Choice for the C&C 25 ???

Jay
hello and welcome to the sailing family

the guys are right, only is not part of our vocabulary... there is always something more we find we want to do with our boats... a sailor and his boat have a special relationship, and he will always want to do more with it, more to it, and enjoy more of it...

again welcome to the family... ask questions, ask questions, ask questions.... there is a world of knowledge, experiances, and ideas on this forum for you to draw upon... take advantage of it...

happy sailing
Jess

91d28

Jan 8, 2014
C&C 25 mk1 Belleville
The CDI FF4 will be fine for your boat. It is a simple furler that is missing some bells and whistles, but is reliable and good value for money.

What size headsail will you be furling? A 150 perhaps? One downside of the CDI furlers is their small drum size. You might have to use un-cored line to get enough on the drum to furl a really big genoa. The manual describes that.
I was planning on using my 130 I got a storm jib plus a 130 and 150 with the boat. 130 a good choice?