say NO to Nike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I never owned one thing Nike until they signed Colin Kaepernick. Then, I bought a pair of Nike shoes that I did not need or want. I had them sent to a local clothing bank.
And I'm the queen of England. ;)

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Me using lefty irrelevant illogic:

"You sailors love wood. But your boats are now made of fiberglass. How come you're not mad about that?
You use a swiveling stove to cook, because your boat tilts. Why not fix your boat so it doesn't tilt?
Sailboats were used to carry slaves. By using a sailboat, you're condoning slavery! How dare you sail, knowing the connection to slavery?
You sail a masthead sloop of old design. Aren't you aware of all the nasty problems and flaws with that design? Aren't you aware of the corruption by boat builders and mechanics, and the pollution they create? You should stop sailing because of all those bad things. You should no longer enjoy it for other reasons, nor carry on the traditions attached to it.
You should do nothing, except sit with no boat, and moan and contemplate how and why all the designs and hobbies from other countries and groups are better."

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Read this on flag inspired clothing. But, don't worry, nobody's going to be arrested. Happy Fourth, all!
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8
I believe that only applies to the actual flag as it's designed today. The Betsy Ross flag is a historic artifact. However, it's obvious that there are a whole BUNCH of companies who produce "patriotic" napkins, coasters, placemats etc who have no idea that statute exists!

I wonder how many people who fly flags from their porches and yards know that it should not remain out at night unless it's lit?

--Peggie

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
I wonder how many people who fly flags from their porches and yards know that it should not remain out at night unless it's lit?

--Peggie
PLENTY, but at least they (we) fly it!!! (gotta run, need to go throw out our 4th of July patriotic napkins now) Thx Peggie for keeping it real! Happy 4th...! (btw, I will be more diligent about keeping the porch light on going forward, thx for the reminder, seriously!)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Nike moved it's manufacturing to other countries a long time ago. Seems kind of ironic to bitch about them but then again what could be more American than sending manufacturing over seas to make a buck?

Serving one's country is noble and honorable thing to do. I wanted to serve when I was younger but with all the corruption, agendas, lies and scandals I simply couldnt bring myself to do it.
This is clearly a troll.......Mod, please end this thread

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
And I'm the queen of England. ;)
LOL, good one Gene!!!! :laugh: (Thx for putting that bit of illogic into perspective!)
You two calling me a liar says nothing about me, but it speaks quite a bit about you. You should be embarrassed. Maybe some professional counseling could relieve the emotional burdens that are eating away at you. I wish you all the best.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
You two calling me a liar says nothing about me, but it speaks quite a bit about you. You should be embarrassed. Maybe some professional counseling could relieve the emotional burdens that are eating away at you. I wish you all the best.
...and best to you jwing, no one's calling anyone a liar...however your comment speaks volumes....might wanna re-read it! I'll leave it to Gene to speak for himself, as to me, nothing is "eating away" at me, other than Nike's silly position on the eve of the 4th of July. Tis why I expressed myself on this "open" forum. My porch light is on, my flag is flying, my patriotic napkins will be utilized tomorrow, and my dress blues don't fit anymore! Cheers & Happy 4th!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Ladies and gents, this appears to be getting personal. We cannot let that happen, so stick to the topic, or, don't post and just fly right on by. But I second Peggy (and others), do have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Me using lefty irrelevant illogic:
Me using my righty cognitive dissonance disorder:

Hey everybody, there is a new reason to be irrationally angry at Nike, a company that we already hate for...hating America? or the flag? or firemen? or something, don't get caught up in facts, pul-ease. Anyway, we were good and worked up back then, but it faded. And the boycott backfired hugely. But we'll get 'em this time, by golly. You see, some marketing genius decided to add Betsy Ross flag emblems on the very back of some Nike shoes. But then their Brand Ambassador told them that it might not be such a good idea to add a current KKK symbol. So now Nike has no shoes that have an American flag on them. This is an outrage! It is unpatriotic to have shoes with no American flag! Tell everybody you know, even on unrelated e-forums. Let's get ANGRY about this, folks. We are addicted to ANGER! We need more ANGER! Being ANGRY makes us winners.

Wait, some libtard just said that there are billions of shoes in the world that do not have a Betsy Ross emblem on them, and several billions of flagless shoes were made in the years after Ms. Ross sewed up her first banner. Can you believe the illogic of such a statement? And the lefty said that until now, not a single person has been angry that shoes were not adorned with a likeness of a flag. How stupid can somebody get? Well, that has to stop NOW. Demand flags on shoes! Boycott all shoe manufacturers until they install flag emblems on all shoes! The only flag emblems acceptable are variants of the USA flag (northerners, yankees, carpetbaggers) and any flag associated with the CSA (proud of our heritage of white supremacy). Whoops, we gotta have shoes, so...COMPLAIN about NIKE! Show your solidarity with the right by attaching flag emblems to all your shoes. Keep whining until we own the libs. Stay ANGRY and fearful.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9543/thorazine-oral/details

Hey everybody, there is a new reason to be irrationally angry at Nike, a company that we already hate for...hating America? or the flag? or firemen? or something, don't get caught up in facts, pul-ease. Anyway, we were good and worked up back then, but it faded. And the boycott backfired hugely. But we'll get 'em this time, by golly. You see, some marketing genius decided to add Betsy Ross flag emblems on the very back of some Nike shoes. But then their Brand Ambassador told them that it might not be such a good idea to add a current KKK symbol. So now Nike has no shoes that have an American flag on them. This is an outrage! It is unpatriotic to have shoes with no American flag! Tell everybody you know, even on unrelated e-forums. Let's get ANGRY about this, folks. We are addicted to ANGER! We need more ANGER! Being ANGRY makes us winners.

Wait, some libtard just said that there are billions of shoes in the world that do not have a Betsy Ross emblem on them, and several billions of flagless shoes were made in the years after Ms. Ross sewed up her first banner. Can you believe the illogic of such a statement? And the lefty said that until now, not a single person has been angry that shoes were not adorned with a likeness of a flag. How stupid can somebody get? Well, that has to stop NOW. Demand flags on shoes! Boycott all shoe manufacturers until they install flag emblems on all shoes! The only flag emblems acceptable are variants of the USA flag (northerners, yankees, carpetbaggers) and any flag associated with the CSA (proud of our heritage of white supremacy). Whoops, we gotta have shoes, so...COMPLAIN about NIKE! Show your solidarity with the right by attaching flag emblems to all your shoes. Keep whining until we own the libs. Stay ANGRY and fearful.

Status
Not open for further replies.