Saw an interesting C310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon W.

May 18, 2004
Catalina 310 C310 Seattle Wa
Just returned from my annual two week cruise of the Canadian Gulf Islands. While at the Oak Harbor Marina on my way back, I saw a late model C310 at the dock. The thing that was interesting to me, was it had a completely different rig on it from what I am used to seeing on 310's. I noticed right off that it had a Leisure Furl in-boom mainsail furling system. It also had a large section double spreader Seldon mast. The mast had a joint in it, about 8' off the deck. You know, with all the rivets joining the two sections. The turnbuckles were the traditional style open type, not the bronze, covered ones, that I've seen on other 310's. Also a very good looking solid vang (Forespar I think). Not the usual Garhaurer blocks or mainsheet traveler either. It did have the usual Schaefer jib furler. It was a good looking rig. Almost too good for a C310 :) I would guess that had been retrofitted, or maybe a special order boat from the factory? I don't think Catalina is putting that type of hardware on the new boats, but I could be wrong. I should have taken a picture. If the owner sees this or anyone else has more on the story, I'd like to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.