Sarasota Fla to Chesapeake Bay

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Veritas is a 2017 49' Hunter drawing 5'6"
Some inconsistency here on the year although old sails argue for the 2007 version. Nevertheless, I suppose we now have some "alternative facts" to consider. Let's get a hold of CNN to walk us through the procedure.:poke: The first step should be to accuse the guy of boat geriphobicity; someone having a fear of older boats who is trying to cover up the purchase of a 2007 model with the claim of one ten years newer, hoping no one will notice. Going on, he must also be a boat geriphobic liar by inventing an "alternative fact" meant to deceive. This leads us directly to right-wing, economic nationalist sentiment b/c he chose to buy an American-built boat instead of one built in France or Germany. My, my--we'd better organize a protest to show on the evening news. Uh--what are we protesting? Don't know; nobody really told me but I think it has to do with taxes. Say, where is France anyway? I've heard of that place somewhere.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2005
Irwin Citation Kilmarnock Virginia
Sorry for the mistake, she is actually a 2007 Hunter 49 with 68' mast and 5'6" draft.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Congratulations Claugerbaum. That's a good trip. When planning a trip like this it is prudent to check the rigging AND pull out the sails for inspection. While you might not want to buy new sails you certainly can have a sailmaker do a few patches / reinforcements and build you a major repair kit with lots of sailcloth and stitching gear.