San Juan 7.7 rigging

KE5HVM

Mar 31, 2023
Clark San Juan 7.7 10 Lake Conroe
Good afternoon,

I am the soon-to-be owner of a new to me 1979 San Juan 7.7.

I have found precious little information about the boat, and keep ending up at dead ends.

Reading here, it sounds like there is (or was) a Facebook group, but my "join" request has gone un-answered, and it looks like the moderator is not posting anymore.

There have also been multiple websites I've been directed to, but those have proven fruitless, as well.

What I'm really looking for is a San Juan 7.7 owners manual with all the goodies about the boat, how to rig it, troubleshooting, etc.

I've been a Catalina guy for a while, so San Juans are pretty new to me, but the one I'm buying checks all the boxes I was looking for for a racer/cruiser.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks!

Gerrit

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
After all this time there's probably very little left on the boat that was 'factory' - and/or there's no longer any support, as you've discovered.
Nice fractional rig on those boats.

As a second-boat owner I'm sure you can sort it out, and make it your own...

KE5HVM

Mar 31, 2023
Clark San Juan 7.7 10 Lake Conroe
Thank you!

I pick her up next week, then take her into a barn for a few touch-ups, a little maintenance, and then hoping to launch in early June!
I can hardly wait, but I want to make sure everything's right before she hits the water.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to SBO Forum. A San Juan 25.75 instead of a Hunter 23... Interesting choice.
Rigging should be straight forward sloop rig. Probably old sails. Maybe new running rigging.
Precision Sails has measurements on the boat.
I note in the SailNet community the following.
the San Juan 7.7 rates from 186 to 207, depending upon where you are and the version you have
Sailrite.com had this brochure image.
1683317875842.png

Then there is this
If that helps.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Good afternoon,

I am the soon-to-be owner of a new to me 1979 San Juan 7.7.

I have found precious little information about the boat, and keep ending up at dead ends.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Gerrit
Gerrit, I just googled "San Juan sailboats" and found this: Might get some help there since they appear to have an inventory of parts, and...uh...they are located in or about the San Juan Islands and their URL is https://www.sjsailboats.com/ I'll say this.... it looks like a very nifty, well built boat...popular too...so you shouldn't have any trouble getting more info once you find the right contact. Good luck.