San Diego Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Ewing

I'm going to be stuck at a conference in San Diego, CA this weekend and next week. Can anybody recommend a good place to rent a boat so I won't have to go a whole week without sailing... Thanks Jim h37.5 "Prospect"

J

Justin Wolfe/PYI

A couple

Harbor Island Sailing on Harbor Island and Seaforth (? I think its Seaforth) Rentals in Coronado and Mission Bay.

J

Jay Hill

Marriot Marina

.. I think is the name of the marina right behind the Marriott Coknference Center (where I suspect your conference is). When I was there last summer, they were doing construction or something; not sure if it's the same place...anyway, the conference center on the water...go down to the water, turn right...walk about 1/4 mile. The rental place is on dock 1 or 2 just before you hit the street. They have boats up to about 34 feet in a few makes. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place though.

J

Joe Ford

Unstuck in San Diego

Hey Jim, For San Diego bay, here's a link that includes the aforementioned Marriot rental place and some others. http://www.sdwaterfront.com/charter.shtm If you just want something small, all the hotels on Mission Bay have rentals. The names are Bahia, Princess, Catamaran, Hyatt Islandia, Dana Inn. Also try Seaforth marina and Mission bay sailing center. Mission bay is a fun place to explore in a small boat. If you are really desperate to go out in the ocean, come around to J-dock at marina village in mission bay on sundays about noon. I just have a little old Catalina 27 but it works for me and an experienced crew is always welcome. Give me your email and I'll send you my phone number.

J

Jim Ewing

To Joe Ford

Joe, Thanks for the info and the offer. My e-mail is jewing@netster.com. I may not be able to get up to Mission Bay but if I can I'll look you up on J dock. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.