sailing with bimini top

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dottie Cox

We have just purchased a bimini top from Havencraft, custom made for the Macgregor 26X. I remember reading on this site that you need to modify the place that you mount the bimini so that it doesn't hit the boom. Someone has also mentioned that it was better to have a bimini and sail with it if you had a topping lift, or a boom kicker.I really can't remember if they said you needed the topping lift if you used the bimini or not. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated . Thanks, Dottie

J

John Gordon

Bimini Top

Installed a bimini top a few weeks ago. Have to move the main sheet connection on the boom up to clear the bimini. A toping lift helps to keep the boom from droping when lowering the main - I just tied a rope from the top of the mast to the back of the boom.

D

dan

Topping Lift !

Hi Dottie, The boom DEFFINATELY hits the bimini on my 98' 26X without a topping lift line to the masthead. The line takes true RACING form out of the sail but it works! Also handy for raising the boom out of the way when sails are down at the dock or mooring. With a good pull on the mainsheet the boom can't move around to wack your mates! happy sailing......dan

Status
Not open for further replies.