Sailing today

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Had a great sail on Saturday. 18+ miles, mostly a broad reach in 15-20 winds, averaged 5.2 knots. Found a nice protected anchorage for the night. A broad reach in light winds coming home today, averaged 3 knots. Great weekend on the water.
This followed last Saturdays 37 mile sail with @Scott T-Bird and his wife Sue.
I love fall sailing!

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Was going to take 4 folk from my work out sailing yesterday but with wind gusts up to 50 mph and 9 foot waves I decided single handing with 4 neophytes was not a good idea. Today however I went out and it was beautiful! 10 o 20 mph winds and the lake was like glass...

dj

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Another race on Saturday on Galveston Bay. In the 90’s, about 10 degrees above normal, started the race in 5 knots NE, ended in 25 SE. More than three quarters of the race was upwind, needed more reaching to do well in a Hunter.
Good tribute music and I like the dancing crewman.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
Good tribute music and I like the dancing crewman.
Thanks for catching that. He was always one of my favorites. He did an outdoor Fourth of July free concert at a Baytown city park about a decade ago. Small stage, really close to the crowd. Only a few hundred showed, but he seemed genuinely glad to be there and played a long time in the SE Texas summer heat and humidity.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Thanks for catching that. He was always one of my favorites. He did an outdoor Fourth of July free concert at a Baytown city park about a decade ago. Small stage, really close to the crowd. Only a few hundred showed, but he seemed genuinely glad to be there and played a long time in the SE Texas summer heat and humidity.
I don't think I ever saw him live, but I grew up with his music.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Knot yet! Record temps in mid 90's down here. Hopefully we can start getting some cool fronts in a few weeks to make sailing enjoyable again.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Out on Saturday with confused winds. 0 to 12 in all directions, swirling and calm. Had company, the Clearwater plying the Hudson

Attachments

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Another race on Saturday on Galveston Bay. In the 90’s, about 10 degrees above normal, started the race in 5 knots NE, ended in 25 SE. More than three quarters of the race was upwind, needed more reaching to do well in a Hunter.
Loved the camera crash into the piling at 3:30 in. With my sense of humor that would have been the end of the video.:) Nice editing and camera work.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Spent some quality time for some much needed cleaning on the Sapphire on Saturday and what a beautiful day it was, followed by the clubs annual Bar Night Party and
IMG958045.jpg
IMG958053.jpg
Sunday raced what started with very light winds on a down wind leg, winds built all the way to 18 gusting to 20 out of the SE.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Summer heat has not stopped, 90-100 deg days down south and almost no wind on the weekend. It is always a nice day during the work week...

I did some cleaning and puttering around the boat on Saturday, so at least I was on the boat.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
Loved the camera crash into the piling at 3:30 in. With my sense of humor that would have been the end of the video.:) Nice editing and camera work.
Thanks, I don't try to crash into things, but if I do, I like to put in the videos. Keeps me from taking myself too seriously. I pulled a nail out of that piling a few weeks ago, it almost went right into the lens back in January.

Attachments

Last edited: