Sailing photos 2013, post here.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
We're "enjoying" some extreme heat in Penobscot Bay. I could feel it before 6 am in Cabot Cove as I snapped this photo over Alden Challenger ECHO. The heat warmed water temperatures to 74 degrees in Pulpit Harbor, so swimming was the perfect way to cool off.

The heat was fueled by a hot Westerly wind that stuck over Maine for several days. It was a fickle wind to sail as it would come and go. But toward afternoon, it roared over the tree tops along the Western coast of Penobscot Bay. With no seas running, the hot wind would bend the boat over to 45 degrees and off we roared, mile after mile on a beam reach.

Attachments

JayZ

Dec 4, 2007
Hodgdon Bros. Alden Caravelle Seabrook, Texas
Here's one of Banjo Girl on the Wind.

Attachments

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
It's ok to show off your boat here. My daughter and I sailed Christmas to Cape Cod this season. Cuttyhunk sunset.

A few moments later.

]

Mary Ann on the side sailing into Rockport Harbor. There's often a westerly that flies us in like this.

Good friends Aled and Isobel from Wales onboard.

Also made fast friends with Fiona and Iain sailing their Sadler 34 out of Newcastle. They're now in the Caribbean. Strong sailors, both!

It was a UK sailing season starting in June on Isle of Skye where I snapped this yawl. What a beautiful sailing world they have.

[

There was no sailing for us though, we were there to pick up our daughter that graduated in the 600th class at St. Andrews Uni.