Sail numbers for Seidelmann 299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
I have just bought a 1979 Seidelmann 299. I have the hull number, but does anyone know what the sail number should be........is it taken from the hull number maybe? Thanks

D

Dave Strojny

Sail Numbers

Hi, From the factory the boats have the hull number on the sail. My boat was the 40th boat made, and therefore had number 40 on the sails. Not sure on your model, exactly what the hull mumber is , but on mine the hull number follows the model number in the serial number for the boat. XFR299___M79 If you plan on racing PHRF, you will want to register, have them assign you numbers and put those on the sail. For my boat I have the PHRF of the Chesepeake. CBYRF Bay numbers, that way they know who you are and what your rating is in any race on the bay.

Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
my sn is 29026...

So I am pretty sure my sail number would be 26. Or 026.

P

Paul

Sail Numbers

If you intend to race your boat under PHRF Handicapping System you will need to get in touch with PHRF to get a unique sail number that another PHRF member does not already have. Otherwise, Seidlemann used the boats hull number for the sail number. When I started racing I had to change my sail number. My original No. was 57, I was lucky in that by adding a 1 to both ends of the number (ie; 1571) a PHRF Unique number was created. The addition was more cost effective and I didn't end up with a ghost image on the sail where the previous # was removed. Paul- S25 - Tachyon

Status
Not open for further replies.