Sail Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tex

I've seen a link somewhere for the sail dimensions (i.e. I,J,P,E) on a S25 (mine is a 1979 model, though I don’t think it really matters) but I can't seem to find it again, I'm mainly looking for the different Genoa specs, anybody have a link or info on this? T.I.A. :cool:

S

Stephen Parfet

New Sails

I just purchased some new sails for my 30T. Even though most sail lofts have the info on Seidelmann yachts, it is always prudent to have the loft measure your boat. If you can't get a sailmaker to visit, work with him over the phone to get the measurements he needs. Every boat is a little different. A good tape measure can be attached to your halyards to make the measurements up the stick. (attach a secondary line to the halyard just in case the tape breaks )

F

fastsailor

Seidelmann 25 sail dimensions

Hi Tex, The measurements are as follows and should be the same for all 25 models. These should always be at least checked. I=31 J=10.91 P=25 j=9 Paul Beaudin Senior Sail Consultant Doyle Sailmakers City Island, NY 800-237-4453

Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
Easy

Paul (Doyle) is correct. I have an S-25 and those are the right measurements. Concerning Genoas I do not recomend you go larger than a 140 to 150 % if you intend to sail solo or with a very reduced crew. You'll have yours thrills and a handfull of a boat to handle when the wind gets to around 12 to 14 knots. Sail safe and happy friend.

P

Paul

PHRF Genoa Maximum

I you race the boat you can put up to a 155% Genoa on the boat without a rating penalty.

Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
seidelmann owners group

The dimensions and other information are available at the seidelmann owners site www.seidelmann-owners.com

Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
30T SAILS

HEY STEVE , WHAT SIZE JIB DID YOU GET .IM THINKING OF GETTING A SMALLER JIB . WE PRESENTLY USE A 150% . its gets a little hairy in a blow.

P

Paul Ackerman

Mariner Sails

Try Mariner Sails in Dallas on Indian Trail. They have copious knowledge. Mariner built my 130 over 8 years ago. The sail is my daily rag and still holds it's shape. They are very knowledged people in building racing & crusing systems. Been around for some time as well. They put new foils on my dad's San Juan 29 in 1979! Paul Ackerman S25 (Apocalypso)

Oct 18, 2005
- - Grapevine, TX
Good Info

Thanks for the recommendation Paul.;D I had already found them in the phone book and on the web but it's always good to hear from somebody with personal experience. They're about the only ones I could find in the phone book that really were DFW local, several of the other numbers I called were forwarded to Houston or out of state. I was a little leery of them because their website seemed more geared towards wind surfing and kayaking, that puts my concern to rest.:)

P

Paul

Mariner Sails

:) Hey Tex, Yeah, The web site doesn't tell the story. You need to stop by and see them. Their web site is engineered for other more popular activities. When you visit the loft you will want to bring your notes, old rags, and measurement details along with any additional thoughts you have to sail upgrades, write down your questions and ask their opinions on what you want your new rags to do. I try for a blend of crusing and preformance applications and I believe you will be excited with the outcome if you choose the same. Check out the enclosed link for measurement details if you need them. If the link don't pop, try www.crusingdirect.com an follow the directions. Later, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.