Sail color scheme

gtg

Sep 12, 2019
Catalina, Hobbie 22, 16 Windycrest
Most boats have white sails with colorful spinnakers. I have lucked out with a colorful jib. Is there a reference online for catalina sail colors similar to hobie sail color guides found online? I am looking for a color scheme name for my jib sail.

My current color scheme on my boat is tricky to master; I am working with gold, royal blue, white, red pin stripe, and this beautiful sail.

Attachments

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
The best way to find out is to call the Catalina factory's customer service and parts department. Start with these contacts Contact – Catalina Yachts

I am not aware of custom sail colors offered by Catalina when they sell a new boat. They will probably offer different levels of "quality" that the new owner can special order when he purchases his yacht. But color schemes.... highly unlikely. Most people will replace their OEM (original equipment manufacturer) sails after a period of time through independent sail makers. It appears, after checking the website, that Doyle Sails may be the current OEM sail provider for new Catalinas.... so... you could start there.

Finally.… there may be a manufacturer's logo or tag on your sail.... like a clothing tag. If so, you may track them down for more info. Good luck. btw... crispy white sails are cool too,