Safgas Oven knob assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Perry

I have a Hunter 34 with a CNG Oven installed. The top 4 burner knobs work fine, but the oven knob won't allow gas to continue to flow once you release the knob after pushing it in and turning it on. I had it working intermitently the other day. The unit is made by Gas Systems Inc., Huntington, CA, and is a "Regal 2 Safgas". I haven't been able to locate this company in my searches (maybe they changed names?), and was wondering if anyone having this unit could help direct me to that company, or another company that could match-up the replacement knob assembly. Thanks, Dave.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Check the oven safety device

This sounds like an oven safe device issue or a clog problem. Check to see if the pilot light will stay lit. If it will, then it's not the oven safety device. I just had a similiar problem with my oven (different than yours) where the pilot light would not stay lit. I could light the pilot and the main burner would fire, but later upon inspection everything was out. It turned out that the pilot was intermittenly being blocked and would extinguish and when the main burner satified the thermostat and shut off, the safety device would turn off all gas because the pilot was not on. On advice from Seaward, I cleaned the pilot light supply tube and the plot orifice. Problem solved. You may have a similiar problem that is easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.