sad day

nauset

Mar 1, 2015
I have not posted on this website for quite a while. Having owned my capri22 for over 20 years it has come time to part ways. I now have one bionic and one bad knee which makes it hard to change headsails underway. I hope this does not violate "items for sale in the forum" policy but I have posted my capri on ebay. If you know anyone interested in a solid boat check it out.

capri22john

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It is always a sad day to have to sell your sailboat, but I'm sorry to hear about your knees. It's the circumstances of the forced sale that makes it so much worse.
My 82 year old father has awful knees and a heart condition that won't allow surgery. He doesn't even want to ride on a sailboat, at least, not a small one where he has to switch sides during a tack.

Do you have plans to move to a boat with less demands on your physical movement? It's hard seeing a sailor have to leave the water completely. Maybe a motorsailer?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I went to the other side and purchased a 1968 Boston Whaler to restore and hopefully use next year
I always thought Boston Whalers would do very well with a sail on them. Their bottom design isn't that much different from a multi-hull. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I went to the other side and purchased a 1968 Boston Whaler to restore and hopefully use next year
Good choice! We bought a little Whaler 15' last month, for fishing and scalloping and generally playing around on when sailing isn't possible. We love it! The hardest thing to get used to is that you actually have to CARE about how much gas is in the tank.

It's pretty easy to get used to the 2-minute setup time at the ramp, though. ;)