S2 9.2C wire/plumbing diagrams

Apr 19, 2010
S2 9.2C Lincoln, NE
Anyone out there have detailed diagrams/written info on how S2 ran electrical wires and plumbing fore and aft on the S2 9.2C? I’d like to run cables to the bow for a windlass and I need to track down a water leak. Factory lines and hoses tend to disappear under the cabin sole or through the sidewalls. I’d like to find out how to expose original equipment and a logical way to add new systems. Many thanks for any help

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The challenge with a mature boat is often the designers never published "detailed diagrams/written info" on their boats. It was "top secret". No need to give other designers the opportunity to copy their ideas.

This leaves us who like the designs of older boats to create our own resolutions. I've been doing that to my boat for the past 4 years (maybe more). It is a lot of imagining what is there and what it could be.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Yep! Sent them an email also. But, thank you for the suggestion.
Tiara most likely won’t help you. Much or most of the design info no longer exists. As of a few yrs ago, there was a guy there that was part of the sailboat business. Not sure if he’s still there. A lot of plumbing/wiring was installed during the build Leaving things inaccessable so you are going to have to get creative..

Apr 19, 2010
S2 9.2C Lincoln, NE
You are dead on, Mark. But, hat tip to Tiara. Jeff Rowan, Marine Technical advisor for Tiara, responded to my email request in less than 24 hours. He included several files that in different ways confirm your points. Thanks for your response.

Aug 2, 2020
S2 9.2C Skull Creek Marina
I am in the process of re wiring my entire 9.2C : new breaker panel, all wires are being replaced and all electrical, light fixtures and electrical equipment

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
You are dead on, Mark. But, hat tip to Tiara. Jeff Rowan, Marine Technical advisor for Tiara, responded to my email request in less than 24 hours. He included several files that in different ways confirm your points. Thanks for your response.
From what I understand, S2 was terrible at keeping records. Please post these files to the "boat info" section so that other owners may benefit