S2 9.2A Instrument Panel

Jan 8, 2020
S2 9.2a Belmont Bay, VA
Engine was replaced with a Yanmar 2YM15 by a previous owner. When I turn the power on the warning lights and buzzer don't illuminate or sound. I've got a VDO A2C531-4865 Tachometer and everything else operates correctly. I'd like to say it's a blown fuse, but unfortunately there aren't any (on the to do list). Possibility that the lack of a fuse has led to burnt out lamps/buzzer? Haven't gotten that far in my troubleshooting. Looking for "normal" behavior, should the lights and buzzer test momentarily when the power is turned on prior to start? Current wiring attached. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
On the 3YM series the lights come on when the panel is turned on, and the buzzer comes on about 5 seconds later.

Lacking a fuse, by itself, shouldn’t have damaged the buzzer or lights. The fuse exists to protect wires from overcurrent in the event of a short. I think you’ll need a multimeter to check voltage on whatever lines you can. I’d start by checking that the purple wire has voltage.

May 2, 2020
Catalina 36 MkII 1778 Venice, FL
Generally the oil sensor connected to the buzzer will alarm as the key is turned, until the engine starts and oil pressure comes up. On my Catalina 36 which has very similar wiring, when I had no alarm on startup, I found the buzzer was bad. Replaced it and all is well.