S-2 8.0 Cockpit Cushions

Jan 27, 2015
S2 8.0 Door County, WI
It has been awhile since I have looged on. It is now the new year and my mind is back on sailing. I am looking for cockpit cushions for my 1983 S-2 8.0. Any suggestions? I am 300 miles from the boat so I would prefer to find a source that did not require me to measure.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Check with the Sailboat owners store. They may be able to guide you to a vendor. I think that BottomSiders is no longer an option.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Are you sure you want to do this? Full size cockpit cushions are not easily storable or transportable. They will slide off when sailing. PITA... If you have to go on deck, do you need to step on cockpit seats? When i took posession, the first thing i did was to trash the bottom siders. Dont regret it. If i want a cushion, i have several small personal sized which are also throwable PFDs.

Jan 27, 2015
S2 8.0 Door County, WI
Yeah, Mark, I did consider all the above but I am glad you mentioned storing them. I considered it before and I think that was one of the factors for not persuing them. Chalk it up to sitting in my easy chair and thinking grand thoughts.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I have a full set of bottoms ideas and I almost never use them. Too much trouble for day sailing. Plus I usually sit on the coaming so I can see better.

Jan 27, 2015
S2 8.0 Door County, WI
Since I sail solo much of the time, I am researching lazy jacks to install on my S-2 8.0. I came across kits made by Harkin and Schaefer. It appears Schaefer is the better kit. Any feedback on this comparision or lazy jacks in general?